Saturday, December 5, 2009

I do take thee, Facebook and Twitter updates


A Maryland groom has created a viral storm after he interrupted his wedding last month to update his Facebook and Twitter accounts from the altar.

Dana Hanna, who works for a pet Web site, also posted a short video of the ceremony on the Internet. It showed him reaching into his pocket for his phone as the minister was about to pronounce the couple husband and wife.


After Hanna finished twittering he continued the ceremony.

"As I was saying, I now pronounce you husband and wife. It's now official on Facebook. It's official in my book. Dana you may kiss your bride."

Hanna, who lists his profession on the networking site LinkedIn as chief architect at Next Day Pets, described his reaction to the ceremony on his YouTube account the day after the ceremony.


"I surprised not only my guests, but also Tracy (his wife) by pulling out my phone and posting on Facebook and Twitter from the altar during out wedding," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment